As businesses move to maximize value for prospects, they must learn and embrace mediums that can help them connect better with prospective buyers. A significant element of this change is the non-linear marketing approach in the form of videos. Videos have come to the rescue for businesses that have opted to switch from linear communication to a more participative model.
90% of customers say product video helps them make buying decisions – Forbes.
Integrating videos into your campaigns is one of the few ways to capture the consumer’s attention and get them to engage. This characteristic has become pronounced and defines the indispensable role of videos and media assets in campaigns.
What is Media Bridge?
Hippo Video has launched a new feature by building on Hubspot new media bridge API. This new feature enables the addition of reusable components, called modules, that can be used in templates or added to pages through drag and drop areas and flexible columns.
How do they work?
Two components define these modules – the UI that users see when editing a module instance inside a landing page and an HTML+HubL fragment that determines how the HTML will be generated.
Why is it important to you?
This move is the next step for content creators to eliminate the requirement of any technical expertise when managing rich media formats such as videos/podcasts.
It allows greater flexibility and control when working with landing pages, maintaining the ease of using these media assets.
What is possible with Media Bridge?
Media Bridge helps Hippo Video users using Hubspot define and partake seamless media sharing experience without the tech-heavy coding process.
Easy use of components
Drag and drop components for videos inside landing pages without using HTML codes.
As opposed to pasting embed code for each media element – in this case, video modules help save time and allow you to use videos at scale for campaigns.
It allows you to access your hippo video library inside of Hubspot CMS. These videos sync in real-time and are readily employable inside hubspot content tools.
It cuts precious file transfer time while waiting for an updated version and makes the videos instantly available once added to your library.
How to do this?
- Install ‘Hippo Video: Video Library’ from the Hubspot Asset marketplace.
- Create a new landing page or edit an existing landing page.
- You will find the Hippo Video: Video Library module on the left panel inside the content editing page.
- Drag and drop the module on the landing page where you wish to insert a video
- Click on the video icon, select a video from the Hippo Video library.
- Voila! Your video is added to the landing page.
Track Media Events
Video play events are displayed on the contact activity timeline. It helps understand if a prospect is engaging with the video, how much of the video has been played etc. It enables you to qualify or nurture leads and improve prospect engagement. In simple terms, it acts as the much-needed fillip to your marketing efforts.
Hubspot is known for its workflows, in-line with this feature, Hippo Video integration inside Hubspot makes the media bridge most potent for marketers. Now you can set these media events as triggers to automate repetitive tasks.
For instance, these video events can be used as enrollment criteria to set off a series of actions inside email marketing campaigns, freeing up bandwidth for sales and marketing and improving the scope for customer engagement.
How to do this?
- Open Workflows inside HubSpot.
- While selecting the enrollment trigger, scroll down and choose Hippo Video: video watched and enter the name of the video.
- Add another condition – watched greater than 65%
- You can add an ‘if/then’ branch to assign a series of actions to be carried when either condition is met.
What’s in the pipeline?
To make the feature a full-fledged success, Hippo Video will be including the detailed custom reporting feature that will enable teams to visualize better insights derived from contacts and videos used inside Hubspot content tools.
You can generate reports on the impact of videos included on your landing page. In addition, results on contacts lifecycle and behavior will be available and can be accessed inside Hubspot. And we can’t wait!
If you are ready with impactful videos for your landing pages, it is time to get started by exploring the media bridge feature from the asset marketplace.
Click here to know how to integrate Hippo Video with Hubspot.
- Hippo Video Natively Integrates with Klenty - November 16, 2021
- Understanding Hippo Video’s new feature – Template Builder - July 28, 2021
- Introducing the Hippo Video Media Bridge Integration with HubSpot - July 6, 2021