When to record screen and webcam simultaneously
Screen recording and webcam videos are a powerful way to share information with your viewers, irrespective of the business you are in. With the world quickly shifting from print content to video content, it has become imperative to keep up with the times and embrace a quicker and effective means of communication with your audience.
Taking this into consideration, let’s learn how to record PowerPoint presentations with audio and video for your business efforts. So here’s everything you need to know to get you started! Incase your webcam is not working or you’re facing trouble with webcam, you can do webcam test here.
Firstly, let’s take a look into the three types of videos you can use to connect with your audience and where you can use them in your business:
Screen recording + webcam narration:
Ideal for those situations when you want to share your screen with your viewers and simultaneously capture a webcam recording of yourself talking. Below are the areas you can use them for:
- Sales – sales product demo, sales objection handling, proposal walkthroughs, share sales strategies with the team, and product updates training video for channel partners.
- Marketing – introduction videos, product demo videos
- Support – advanced training videos, explainer videos
- Education – presentations, instructional videos, videos for professional development with fellow teachers, whiteboard explainer videos, class lectures
Only Screen recording:
This type of video helps you showcase your screen to your viewers. Below are the areas you can use them for:
- Sales – training/onboarding videos
- Marketing – how-to-do videos, product onboarding videos, demo videos
- Support – customer ticket resolution
- Education – students can use screen recording to explain their solution path in problem-solving, especially in subjects like Maths.
This type of video is useful for
- Sales – Prospecting videos, Social media selling, share sales best practices and give industry updates
- Marketing – interviews by industry experts, video podcast, onboarding videos, webinars, brand communication videos, customer testimonials
- Education – One-on-one interactions between teacher and student
Now that we’ve looked into the different areas in a business where you can use screen recording, webcam narration, and a combination of both screen recording & webcam narration, let’s take a look into how Hippo Video provides the perfect platform for all your video needs.
How to record screen and webcam Simultaneously: Getting started with Hippo Video
Hippo video is a one-stop solution for all your video needs. An online screen and webcam recorder that lets you record screen and webcam simultaneously. It provides you with multiple inputs to choose from while recording your video and thus enabling its users to record videos in a combination of audio and webcam along with sharing your screen.
So, let’s get started on the step-by-step process on how to record yourself presenting a PowerPoint with video and audio:
- Before you begin to record your video, you first need to download Hippo Video from the google chrome extension.
- Once this is done, you will see the Hippo Video icon on the top-right corner of your chrome tab.
- From Google Drive, go to Google Slides and open your desired presentation.
- Click the “Record Presentation” tab, which is available on the top-right corner of your presentation.
- Choose your inputs by enabling the different options – ‘SCREEN RECORD,’ ‘WEBCAM,’ and ‘MIC’ as we’re going to screen record the ppt while presenting through a webcam. Before that test if your web-cam and mic are working fine by running a quick test here.
- If you wish to change the video settings and source of your webcam and mic, from the top-right corner of your chrome tab, navigate to the Hippo Video icon and select ‘Audio/Video & Resolution Settings.’ If you don’t want to use your in-built webcam or microphone, you can always connect to an external source and change the settings accordingly in the ‘Advanced Settings’ option.
The same is applicable to record PowerPoint presentations with audio and video in mac.
- Click ‘NEXT’ to proceed to the recording.
- Choose to record your entire screen or a specific application window, as shown in the image below.
- Once you’ve selected how you want to share your screen, click ‘START RECORDING’ to record your presentation.
- And Voila! This is how your screen will look with the presentation taking up the screen and a picture-in-picture webcam clip.
- Hippo Video provides you with features on the screen where you can opt for ‘Click Animation,’ ‘Highlight,’ ‘Eraser’ etc. which will be beneficial for the presentation.
- To stop recording your presentation, tap on the Hippo Video extension available on the top-right corner of your browser tab, and click ‘Finish Recording.’ Also, if you want to pause the recording midway, click on the extension and select ‘Pause.’
- Once you’ve completed the recording, Hippo Video lets you edit your video, add a video thumbnail, insert annotations wherever required, among many other features. Finally, your ppt recording is now ready to be sent via email or as a link that can be shared on your social media pages, YouTube, etc.
Wrap Up & Recording Presentation on Mac or Windows
Screen recording with webcam narration is becoming a must-have for most businesses. A presenter can walk in, pull their presentation slides, click record, start presenting, quickly edit, and in a matter of minutes, the presentation will land in the audiences’ inbox. Recording presentations in mac or windows can be done with a similar procedure. Since Hippo Video can be used on a browser, record screen, and webcam simultaneously on any device, be it a Windows or a Mac.
Have you used screen recording and webcam narration to record your presentation? If not, you’re missing out on a lot. Embrace this secure and scalable way to record PowerPoint presentations with audio and video today.
- Accessible Videos: How to Make Videos that Cater to Everyone - November 27, 2020
- How To Pick The Right Background Music For Your Video - November 23, 2020
- Easy Tips To Film Good Interview Videos - November 12, 2020